If you’re considering selling your home, it might be in your best interest to paint the exterior. Selling a home can be a long, frustrating process. Making an investment before selling can increase the selling speed and raise the home’s value. We’ve identified several colors as the best options for selling your house. Even if you’re not looking to sell right now, it’s never a bad idea to invest in home improvements, especially ones that increase curb appeal.
- White or off-white: Whites look good for most homes and landscapes. In fact, according to surveys, nearly 40% of people like white as an exterior color. An effective strategy with white paint can be using darker colors for the shutters and trim to make them stand out. Keep in mind there are many shades of white. Be sure to sample a few whites before making a decision.
- Taupe: Like white, taupe will work with most landscapes. Taupe is a warm, inviting color and can convey that feeling to potential buyers.
- Gray: Despite gray’s connotations with rainy days and gloomy moods, it’s a great choice for your home exterior. It’s a strong, neutral, popular color. Light or dark gray can be used to fit your preferences.
- Blue-gray: This is a richer color than the neutral listed, but still an excellent option. Though it works best for home on water, many Central Ohio homes would look nice with a blue-gray exterior.
- Yellow: Perhaps the most-surprising color on the list, yellow is actually a popular home exterior choice. Why? Because yellow creates a welcoming feeling. However, you should still be cautious when choosing yellow; don’t choose a yellow that’s too bright, and stick to white trim.
- Blue: Blue can convey a sense of calmness.
- Green: Green comes with feelings of safety and tranquility.
- Black: A bold choice, black displays strength and power.
- Red: Another bold choice, red invokes feelings of energy and excitement.
Many newer homes are painted in lighter colors, such as the ones listed above. Though it’s not necessarily a bad idea to paint a new home a dark exterior color, those colors tend to work best for older homes in more-established neighborhoods.
When painting the exterior of your home, don’t forget to pick the proper color for one of the most important features of your home: the front door. Here are some effective colors:
Prim Painting is a Columbus, Ohio painting company. We specialize in exterior painting of homes in the area. For a free quote, please contact us today.